Jewlicious (one of my favorite blogs) is reporting that Tom Cruise tried to convert Scarlett Johansen to the Chruch of Ron L. Hubbard. According this article, which we must report to be a rumor, poor Scarlett spent two hours listening to him, and he didn’t even offer “her a cookie.” (is that how it works?). That was way too polite ck and company. I have some solid advice for Jewish ladies, actresses or not. Any guy that believes wacky stuff, is not going to make a great Jewish Dad. This must be absolute rule by which to judge a guy before you will go out on a date with him. Letâs face it that guys, in general, will say just about anything to woo a girl. Guys are shameless in their pursuit and will even agree to sending the kids to birthright and giving up mayonaise, if you will just go out to dinner with them.
Please hear it from the Rabbi. Ladies, whether you are a superstar or not, whatever makes you tick, if you are Jewish I have some questions for your would be date that will spare you years of wasted time, heartache, and misery. If he can stand up to these ten questions, than maybe, and only maybe, he is suitable material for closer scrutiny.
1) What do we do with our baby boys on the eight days after he is born?
2) What kind of summer camp should we send our kids to?
3) Did you know that Jewish women have special powers over men?
4) What do you need to make Shabbat Dinner?
5) How many latkes does it take to make a matzoh ball? (this one always trips them upâ¦)
6) If you need a ride to the airport, do you call a Shofar?
7) Moses gave the ten commandments, please name the 7th one.
8) If you could buy your wife any gift, what would it be?
9) Do you understand this: âNo chuppah, No Shtuppahâ??
10) Who is your Rabbi?